You’re Concerned About COVID-19. So Are We.
Here’s How We’re Keeping You Safe
Dear Valued Guests,
I wanted to take some time today to personally reach out in the hopes that you and your family are safe and healthy. Grand Ely Lodge’s top priority — as it’s always been — is to ensure that our guests, team, and communities remain well.
With all of the uncertainty that has been happening in the world over recent months and weeks, I wanted to reassure you that our team remains committed to working diligently to exceed your expectations and consistently provide the Grand Ely Lodge experience you’ve come to know and love. In light of these unpredictable times, we have instituted an updated cancellation policy. So if your plans change, your travel expenses will be one fewer thing you’ll need to worry about. Please contact us if you have any specific questions regarding an upcoming reservation.
If you have any further questions about your stay at Grand Ely Lodge, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
As always, we wish you and your family the best. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Vice President, Madison Hospitality Group
FAQ, Updated Policies & Procedures
Is Grand Ely Lodge open to guests?
Yes, Grand Ely Lodge is open to guest.
What additional measures are you taking to address social distancing and sanitation?
We appreciate your trust in us and thank you for staying with us as a guest of Grand Ely Lodge.
We want to take this opportunity to inform you of some operational changes resulting from the COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines we must follow. Our hotel has implemented strict disinfecting protocols and safety measures. These were developed through a partnership with Ecolab, CDC and MN Dept of Health.
All guest rooms an public spaces within our premises are cleaned and disinfected as per the CDC guidelines. Our staff has been trained on these practices, with strict accountability through extensive supervision and checklists.
The State of MN requires that all guests wear facial masks that covers their nose and mouth while in the hotel’s Public Areas at all times.
COVID-19 has impacted our operations in the following ways:
- For their safety and your own, our staff is required to use Personal Protective Equipment including masks and gloves when appropriate. Our employees undergo health screening prior to starting their shifts that include checking their body temperature.
- Although not required, we encourage and recommend all of our guests to wear face masks for the health an safety of our guests and staff.
- We are proactively managing Social Distancing by directing the flow of guests at the Front Desk and in all Public Areas, including elevators and the Pool area.
- To limit interpersonal contact, Housekeeping service is currently available only upon request. If you are staying multiple days and would like service, please alert the Front Desk “0”.
- If you would like trash pick-up, fresh towels or amenities, please call the Front Desk “0”.
- While all Guests Room amenities are still available, some items such as pens, notepads, laundry bags, cups, coffee, and some toiletry items will be provided upon request to ensure proper sanitation of each item.
- Our Evergreen Restaurant is open for indoor dining between 7:30am-9:00pm.
Reservations Required. Take-0ut Available.
- Our Antlers Lounge is open for indoor dining and beverages between 11:00am-11:00pm.
(Food Service ‘til 9:00 PM). First Come First Served.
- Our Pool and Fitness Center is open at 75% Occupancy. 4 Person Max Capacity in Hot Tub.
Sauna is closed at this time.
- According to the current Executive Order, we are not able to accommodate any gathering after 11pm. Our Evergreen Restaurant, Antlers Lounge, and Pool area must close at 11pm.
We ask that all guests honor hotel quiet hours from 10pm to 8am daily.
Thank you, once again, for staying with us. We ask that you observe all Social Distance Guidelines;
and, please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of our staff should you have any questions or concerns.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation while accommodating the current restrictions.
What updates are being made to the property?
In addition to all staff wearing appropriate PPE you will see plexi-glass barriers at our front desk and food/beverage areas to property-wide signage in reminding employees and guests to stay distanced and safe, and to practice good hygiene habits.
What is the cancellation policy during these times?
Cancellation Policy is 7 days prior to your arrival date (June 1st thru’ October 15th); and, 48 hours prior to your arrival date (October 16th thru May 31st).
Exceptions to the cancellation policy will be made in the following situations:
- Guest’s requiring a quarantine/having a positive Covid-19 test result/member of household having a positive Covid-19 test result.
- Guests that develop symptoms of Covid-19: Cough, fever over 100° F (having “the chills” or shivering), feeling short of breath, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, or loss of taste of smell.
What is the expectation of employees and guests?
Please remember that the healthcare systems in this region of the state are very capable but also small. Care in practicing new social norms, diligence with personal hygiene habits and facemask use are a personal responsibility shared by all of us.
- Recognizing social distancing norms when interacting with resort staff and other guests will be expected.
- Recognizing social distancing norms when in areas being used by other guests will be expected.
- Disclosure of symptoms is expected and may result in reservations being postponed to a later date.
- Check-in and other services provided in public spaces should be requested by one family member only.
While we are being diligent in cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection of our rooms, guests are encouraged to bring with them any supplies they deem necessary to furthering enjoyment and comfort during their stay.
Although face masks are not required for vaccinated guests, we encourage and recommend all of our guests to wear masks for the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
Are your onsite restaurants and bars still open?
Evergreen Restaurant & Antlers Lounge-
Indoor Dining Available 7:30 AM- 9:00 PM
Lunch, Dinner and Antlers Menu Available
Thank you for your patience and adaptability during these challenging times.
For take-out, please call 218-365-6565
Are there any regular services or activities that are paused?
SERVICE & AMENITY STATUS
Housekeeping Stay-Over Service: Available upon request
Pools, Hot Tubs: Open at 75% Occupancy
Fitness Centers: Open
Game Room: Available
Snowshoes: Closed for season
Ice Fish Houses: Closed for season
DVD Movie Rentals: Available (DVD movies sanitized after each use)