Frequently Asked Questions
Below you'll find answers to our most frequently asked questions. For any additional information, please contact our concierge.
How do I make a reservation
Do you have a minimum night stay?
There is not a minimum night stay requirement.
Do you accept pets
Yes, we do have pet designated rooms. When calling to make your reservation, please state that you will need a pet room.
Do you have a pet fee?
Yes, the pet fee is $20.00 per pet/per night.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you wish to cancel your reservation, please do so 48 hours prior to your arrival date (May thru’ October); 7 days prior to your arrival date (June-September).
What is your payment policy?
Full payment is due upon check-in. Payment can be made via Cash, Check or Major Credit Card.
Are the prices quoted per room or per person?
The prices quoted are per room.
What time is check-in?
What time is check-out?
Can I check-in early?
We guarantee all check-in by 4:00 PM. If your room is available earlier than 4:00 PM, you can check-in early.
Can I get a late check-out?
This is based on availability, if allowable yes, you can request a later check-out time.
Which credit cards are accepted?
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Do you offer internet connection
Yes, free WiFi is available to all of our guests.
Which is the nearest international airport?
Hibbing, MN is @ 55 miles or Duluth, MN is @ 100 miles.
Do you offer a shuttle service?
No, we do not have a shuttle service.
Are shampoo, conditioner, soap and hairdryers provided?
Yes, Grand Ely Lodge provides all hygiene amenities.
Do the guest rooms have refrigerators and microwaves?
Yes, all of our guest rooms have small refrigerators and microwaves.
Do you offer cabin rentals?
No, Grand Ely Lodge has guest rooms. Rooms have 2 queen beds or king beds. There are also suites available.
Do you offer handicap rooms?
Yes, some of Grand Ely Lodge guest rooms have handicapped rooms with appropriate accessible equipment.
Do you offer smoking and non-smoking rooms?
Grand Ely Lodge is a smoke-free establishment. All of our guest rooms are non-smoking.
Do you offer a Continental Breakfast?
Grand Ely Lodge does not offer a Continental Breakfast. Complimentary coffee is served in our lobby every morning and our Evergreen Restaurant has a wide selection of breakfast favorites on our menu.
Is Room Service Available?
Due to Covid restrictions, room service is unavailable at this time.
Do you have adjoining rooms?
Yes, if you require adjoining rooms, please request them when making your reservation (based on availability).
How many floors does the hotel have?
The lodge has 3 floors in all.
Is there an elevator?
Yes, the lodge does have an elevator.
Do you have a restaurant?
Yes, we have the Evergreen Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Restaurant Hours: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Do you have a bar?
Yes, we have the Antlers Lounge.
Indoor dining and beverages available.
11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Masks Required. Social Distancing.
Do children eat for free?
Yes, children 10 yrs old and younger eat free in our restaurant when accompanied by an adult from their guest room.
Do you have an indoor pool?
Yes, the lodge has an indoor pool, kiddie pool, hot tub and sauna.
DUE TO STATE MANDATE, POOL & HOT TUB OCCUPANCY IS 25% (Only 2 allowed in hot tub at a time)
Sauna - CLOSED.
Do I have to stay there to use your pool?
The lodge offers Community Swim from October thru’ May; otherwise, you have to be a resort guest to use our pool.
What is a Resort Fee ?
Our Resort Fee is 10% of your nightly rate. It covers WiFi, indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, game room, fitness center; and use of canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, paddle boards, hydro bike, and snow shoes.
Do you have private meeting rooms?
The lodge has banquet rooms available for meetings. Please consult with our Director of Event Planning for private meeting areas.
What are the best times to see the Northern Lights?
Unfortunately, we cannot predict when we will see the Northern Lights. They are most strongly visible in the fall and winter.
Are you on a lake?
Yes, Grand Ely Lodge is located on beautiful Shagawa Lake.
Do you have a marina?
Yes, the lodge has a marina that offers fishing boat and pontoon boat rental; and, every guest has complimentary use of canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, paddle boards, and hydro bike.
Can I dock my personal watercraft at your docks?
Absolutely! Grand Ely Lodge offers free dock space to all of our guests.
Is there a place I can swim in the lake?
Although, Grand Ely Lodge has a marina, we do not recommend swimming at the marina as many people fish off the docks. (Fish hook in foot? Ouch!) There is a Public Beach located a few miles down the road from us.
Is the snowmobile trail accessible from your hotel?
Yes, the snowmobiles trails lead right to our door.
Do you have a gift shop?
Yes, the lodge has a gift shop offering a variety of clothing and souvenirs.
(We are currently sold out of all gift shop items, look for new items in the Spring!)
FAQ, Updated Policies & Procedures
Is Grand Ely Lodge open to guests?
Yes, Grand Ely Lodge is open to guest.
What additional measures are you taking to address social distancing and sanitation?
We appreciate your trust in us and thank you for staying with us as a guest of Grand Ely Lodge.
We want to take this opportunity to inform you of some operational changes resulting from the COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines we must follow. Our hotel has implemented strict disinfecting protocols and safety measures. These were developed through a partnership with Ecolab, CDC and MN Dept of Health.
All guest rooms an public spaces within our premises are cleaned and disinfected as per the CDC guidelines. Our staff has been trained on these practices, with strict accountability through extensive supervision and checklists.
The State of MN requires that all guests wear facial masks that covers their nose and mouth while in the hotel’s Public Areas at all times.
COVID-19 has impacted our operations in the following ways:
- For their safety and your own, our staff is required to use Personal Protective Equipment including masks and gloves when appropriate. Our employees undergo health screening prior to starting their shifts that include checking their body temperature.
- Although not required, we encourage and recommend all of our guests to wear face masks for the health an safety of our guests and staff.
- We are proactively managing Social Distancing by directing the flow of guests at the Front Desk and in all Public Areas, including elevators and the Pool area.
- To limit interpersonal contact, Housekeeping service is currently available only upon request. If you are staying multiple days and would like service, please alert the Front Desk “0”.
- If you would like trash pick-up, fresh towels or amenities, please call the Front Desk “0”.
- While all Guests Room amenities are still available, some items such as pens, notepads, laundry bags, cups, coffee, and some toiletry items will be provided upon request to ensure proper sanitation of each item.
- Our Evergreen Restaurant is open for indoor dining between 7:30am-9:00pm.
Reservations Required. Take-0ut Available.
- Our Antlers Lounge is open for indoor dining and beverages between 11:00am-11:00pm.
(Food Service ‘til 9:00 PM). First Come First Served.
- Our Pool and Fitness Center is open at 75% Occupancy. 4 Person Max Capacity in Hot Tub.
Sauna is closed at this time.
- According to the current Executive Order, we are not able to accommodate any gathering after 11pm. Our Evergreen Restaurant, Antlers Lounge, and Pool area must close at 11pm.
We ask that all guests honor hotel quiet hours from 10pm to 8am daily.
Thank you, once again, for staying with us. We ask that you observe all Social Distance Guidelines;
and, please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of our staff should you have any questions or concerns.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation while accommodating the current restrictions.
What updates are being made to the property?
In addition to all staff wearing appropriate PPE you will see plexi-glass barriers at our front desk and food/beverage areas to property-wide signage in reminding employees and guests to stay distanced and safe, and to practice good hygiene habits.
What is the cancellation policy during these times?
Cancellation Policy is 7 days prior to your arrival date (June 1st thru’ October 15th); and, 48 hours prior to your arrival date (October 16th thru May 31st).
Exceptions to the cancellation policy will be made in the following situations:
- Guest’s requiring a quarantine/having a positive Covid-19 test result/member of household having a positive Covid-19 test result.
- Guests that develop symptoms of Covid-19: Cough, fever over 100° F (having “the chills” or shivering), feeling short of breath, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, or loss of taste of smell.
What is the expectation of employees and guests?
Please remember that the healthcare systems in this region of the state are very capable but also small. Care in practicing new social norms, diligence with personal hygiene habits and facemask use are a personal responsibility shared by all of us.
- Recognizing social distancing norms when interacting with resort staff and other guests will be expected.
- Recognizing social distancing norms when in areas being used by other guests will be expected.
- Disclosure of symptoms is expected and may result in reservations being postponed to a later date.
- Check-in and other services provided in public spaces should be requested by one family member only.
While we are being diligent in cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection of our rooms, guests are encouraged to bring with them any supplies they deem necessary to furthering enjoyment and comfort during their stay.
Although face masks are not required for vaccinated guests, we encourage and recommend all of our guests to wear masks for the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
Are your onsite restaurants and bars still open?
Evergreen Restaurant & Antlers Lounge-
Indoor Dining Available 7:30 AM- 9:00 PM
Lunch, Dinner and Antlers Menu Available
Thank you for your patience and adaptability during these challenging times.
For take-out, please call 218-365-6565
Are there any regular services or activities that are paused?
SERVICE & AMENITY STATUS
Housekeeping Stay-Over Service: Available upon request
Pools, Hot Tubs: Open at 75% Occupancy
Fitness Centers: Open
Game Room: Available
Snowshoes: Closed for season
Ice Fish Houses: Closed for season
DVD Movie Rentals: Available (DVD movies sanitized after each use)